Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Once were warriors

Jake the Muss---->>>



I was going to make this blog about The television series "Outrageous Fortune". I love that programme because it is just a true West programme and it is pretty much true. Their lives they are living is pretty much how some people live in New Zealand. All the strength, strive and horrible problems they go through.


Once were warriors is the next step up, the highest step there is I think. That is rough, rough stuff. Truly how some Maoris in Aotearoa live. It is a great movie with horrible, horrible things in it. I can relate to some of it. Not all the really harsh things that have happened to the mains but the surroundings. It is a really strong movie that you will not forget if you see it. The actors are amazing! I love Temuwera Morrison, if you are clueless as to who that is he. He is that new guy that showed up on Shortland street. I don't watch that programme but I have seen the ads.


It invloves gangs, phyiscal abuse, sexual abuse, death, drunks, homeless and so much more. Something I found on the internet described it as New Zealand Maori's gang violence.


If you haven't seent his movie I strongly advise you to watch it, you will not forget it!

It is not really suitble for young audience at all! It may be too harsh for even you to watch.

It is the real lives some people live...

No comments: