Monday, June 2, 2008

It is 3rd period on a Tuesday and I have English, I slowly approach the door in an undesired manner. I wasn't in the mood for class and i was dreading this! I grasped the door handle, paused for slight second; the opened the door. Creek! The outdated, and heavy door budged open then closed strong behind me. I glared upwards to the ceiling then down to the front of the class where I was greeted by a very familiar face.


Ms Culiford had decided to give our class a second chance. A petite smile lit up inside of me. I clenched my seat firm and politely sat down, only hoping that the work assignment that is going to be given to us is amusing and something enjoyed to do.

"Listen up brats, your task is to write your opinion on Whangaparaoa College". I heard sighs coming from all sides of the classroom. All the students had disillusioned looks on their faces, I thought otherwise. As usual I like having strong opinions on what I think and I am not afraid to show them.

I looked out the window, beautiful, rainy weather. I love working in the rain it is insignificantly relaxing. I see no loud construction taking place outside the classroom, which is a change. I smell the pleasant smell of gas coming from the elderly gas heater. I see all the students with their heads down working away. Everybody was on task, I think they were just hanging out for lunch in an hour.

I am writing stacks of writing when I am interrupted by Ms Culiford's over powering voice floating through the classroom. "You kids can eat brain food, fruit" Brain food? Yes! I love eating brain food during class. It gives you a delinquent feeling, doing something that is not usually allowed.

I'm munching away on my apple and madarine, while writing my strong disagreements against this moronic school. I am working as hard as I was the first time we had Ms Culiford relieving in English class. This peroid all the other children were too, I was amazed! I turn my head away off the children and onto Ms Culiford. Sitting on her fancy chair, lucious brown hair and hair perfect skin with not a fine line in sight."wow"! Ms Culiford looks good, I say to myslef. She doesn't look a day over 30!

Although I have been thouroghly enjoying this period I am hanging on a fine string for lunch. Face it, no peroid of class can beat lunch time. Although break time is unconditionally boring I guess it is better than class time. The upside of lunch time is hanging out with your buddies. "Damn"! I just realised it was still raining, which means wet lunch time! That means I have to stay in my drop kick classroom. "Keep a positve attitude Courtney", I strictly remind my mind. I should really not ruin this perfect period by thinking about whats waiting for me after this.

No comments: