Monday, May 5, 2008

The Zoo Trip

The Zoo trip with Whangaparaoa College School was very fun!
It was interesting to watch animals in their own habitats and how they to react to viewers. Some of the animals showed off when you were watching them trying to do fancy tricks. My favourite part of the Zoo is usually the Mare Cat tunnels but unfortunately some people spoiled it for my school and they banned our school for going in them. SLACK!
Oh well.

Apart from that I really enjoyed the foamy soap used in the toilets, it was so amazing!
No, but really I liked the Tigers. Up close they are an extraordinary animal!
They are a bright orange and black colour and have such defined details to them. That sounds so obvious because you probably know that. But when they are right next to you with just glass parting you they are amazing to watch!

Something boring about the Zoo trip was filling out the worksheets. But I can’t complain. They were not as bad as the Museum trip sheets.

I also quite liked how the school gave us permission to buy food from the Zoo because usually we are not allowed to buy our food on our school trips. I was over the moon at this opportunity because the night before the trip I had a terrible dream that I was at the Zoo and wanted an ice-cream but had no money! So first thing I did when I got up was put money in my bag. Then when I want to the Zoo on the day I could buy and ice-cream. True fact, I brought two and they were delicious!

Overall the ups and downs added up and the Auckland Zoo trip was fun and much better than sitting in class doing book work!

No comments: